Click here to take our no-cost prescreen
/ About Us



Conditions & Eligibility

Am I eligible?

There are no restrictions imposed by the TGA on the indication/s for which a health practitioner may apply to access an unapproved medicinal product for their patient. For more information, please see the TGA overview of alternative medication and the SAS sections on their website.

Can my child have a consultation with CDA Clinics?

Yes, children under 18 years of age that meet the eligibility criteria can have a consultation at CDA Clinics. All patients under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian during the consultation and provide a letter of endorsement from their paediatrician.

Does CDA Clinics offer no referral (or internal referral) consultations?

CDA Clinics does not offer consultations without a referral. This is to ensure our duty of care is undertaken and our clinicians have all of the necessary medical information to properly consult with you. Our clinicians also use the referral to look for any CP450 metabolised medications that can be affected by cannabinoid therapies.

What if my doctor won't give me a referral?

If your doctor refuses to give you a referral, it is possible to request your medical history and take that to another doctor.

Do I need a new referral after 12 months?

If it has been 12 months since your referral was issued and you have not seen a CDA doctor during this period, we will require you to obtain a new referral and provide an updated health summary before booking an initial consultation. We will also require you to complete a new consent form. This is to ensure our doctors have all of the relevant and up-to-date information about your healthcare requirements.

Which medical conditions or diseases can be treated?

To receive plant-based therapy, we require CDA Clinics patients to have a regular GP and to have considered all conventional condition treatment options with their GP, including non-pharmaceutical options. CDA Clinics clinicians do not diagnose conditions but rather provide medications to treat symptoms. Patients are required to have their primary doctor examine, investigate, diagnose and manage their medical conditions.

Can plant medicine be prescribed for Schizophrenia and Psychotic Disorders?

As some active ingredients within plant-based medication can unmask or worsen symptoms of Schizophrenia and Psychotic Disorders in some patients, we require a letter of endorsement from their current psychiatrist for patients with these conditions wishing to treat their symptoms.