Cannabis Doctors Australia Pty Ltd (CDA), CDAClinics.com.au and all subsidiaries wish to be open and transparent to our clients and the public.
CDA, CDA Employees, CDA Affiliate Doctors, CDA Shareholders, CDA Associates and CDA subsidiaries makes a profit from the sale of services and products to clients. As a business we need to be sustainable, thus we do need to make a profit to pay our employees and plan for the next year. However we are driven to provide safe and affordable Medicinal Cannabis to our clients with service that we can be proud of. CDA Affiliate Doctors, Directors, Associates and other staff hold an equity stakes within CDA. Our Affiliate Doctors are not bound or contracted to provide CDA Brand products alone, and we encourage our patients to compare our products quality and pricing to others to see how good we really are.
Our patients health is are our priority and we respect any decisions or opinions that a patient has. Our doctors are instructed to work within all State and Federal rules and legislation, and to provide quality and ethical treatment within the AHPRA guidelines. Please review our patient consent form below to consider the information and disclosures:
“Cannabis Doctors Australia – Medicinal Cannabis Treatment Consent Form
The primary objective of this consent form is to provide the necessary information (in conjunction with the clinical consultation) to allow patients to make an informed decision and consent for Medicinal Cannabis (MC) treatment.
Further objectives of this Cannabis Doctors Australia (CDA) treatment consent form are:
1) to describe the benefits, risks and possible complications of the treatment.
2) to explain the patient’s responsibilities.
3) to establish a patient registration scheme for medicinal users of cannabis.
4) explaining CDA’s duty of care statement.
Benefits, Risks, and Possible Complications of Medicinal Cannabis
I acknowledge that:
1. MC is generally considered an experimental or investigational drug and in many cases there is limited data from which to draw specific recommendations for treatment. For more information you can visit: https://www.tga.gov.au/medicinal-cannabis-guidance-documents
2. MC drugs are in general not registered in Australia for use in my condition by the Therapeutic Goods Administration of the Australian Department of Health and Ageing, and as such arrangements to access to MC drugs is to be made through a Special Access Scheme pathways.
3. MC benefits and harms in children, pregnancy and breast-feeding are not well investigated.
4. I waive my rights to claim against the possibility of side-effects, risks, and unknown risks.
5. MC may interact with my current medications and cause side effects from these medications.
6. Possible side-effects of a MC treatment, especially with Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), may include and are not limited to: Asthenia (abnormal physical weakness or lack of energy), Confusion, Disorientation, Dizziness, Drowsiness, Vertigo, Sleepiness, Sedation, Balance problems, Coordination, Memory problems, Diarrhoea, Dry Mouth, Fatigue, Hallucinations, Anxiety, Paranoid thoughts, Increased appetite, Vomiting or Nausea, Cannabis use disorder, Cognitive impairment, Chronic bronchitis (if inhaled/smoked), Nausea, Light-headedness, Uncontrolled laughter or Euphoria.
I have had a good opportunity to discuss MC treatment and my personal health; and I agree to the following:
1. I declare that I do not have any of the following medical conditions which are potentially dangerous or contra-indicated with THC containing Medicinal Cannabis:
1. Hypotension (low blood pressure).
2. Cannabis misuse or addiction.
3. History of schizophrenia or psychotic illness.
4. Family history of schizophrenia or psychotic illness.
5. Unstable or severe heart disease.
2. Regular monthly reviews with my prescribing clinician, unless otherwise instructed.
3. To carefully follow the clinician’s advice on dosage and frequency of MC.
4. Guarantee I maintain a healthy lifestyle that will help my condition/symptoms.
5. Avoiding alcohol, intoxicants, or recreational drugs that will interact with MC treatment.
6. Following doctor advice on blood testing or investigations.
7. Informing the clinicians of all concurrent medications or supplements.
8. I will inform my doctors if MC does not work for my condition or symptoms.
9. I will report if I suffer any adverse event, side-effect and reactions to my prescribing physician.
10. I will be aware and adhere to any laws relating to the operation of any: vehicle; boat; aircraft; machinery; or other regarding use of THC or MC and blood, serum, saliva, or other levels, and I further agree that it is my responsibility and I absolve CDA and anyone else.
Patient Registration Scheme
I consent to be part of a patient registration scheme for medicinal users of cannabis. Including:
1. Once available, I will be been given access to CanView monitoring program and I will use the CanView program to monitor my symptoms and progress.
2. I agree to tracking and monitoring of my medicinal cannabis prescription and personal clinical details.
3. I request to be contacted with further information on MC as it is made available by CanView , CDA, or CDA employees.
CDA’s Duty of Care
1. CDA can provide further suggestions for patients who would like more information, and this can include making a further appointment with your doctor to discuss doubts and fears more clearly. CDA can explain the information to patients again in simpler terms and can provide a referral to another specialist for another opinion. CDA can also provide information in another language or via a translator if patients cannot understand materials written in English.
2. CDA and CanView monitoring program have a duty to adhere to the legal procedures relating to the security and privacy of electronically transmitted and stored information. Including a duty of confidentiality which is protected in the Privacy Act 1988 to ensure adequate standards of security and privacy.
Final declaration: I declare that:
1. I agree that all the necessary information has been provided to make an informed decision.
2. I understand the potential benefits, risks and possible complications of the treatment.
3. I agree that MC may not work for my medical conditions.
4. I confirm that my prescribing doctor has provided me with all appropriate information concerning MC treatment, I am satisfied to fully consent to MC treatment, and I request no further information on MC treatment at this time.
5. I state that it is my responsibility alone to ensure I comply with all laws, work contracts, safety guidelines and sundry regarding MC treatment and THC levels within my body.
6. I have been advised that my prescribing doctors and CDA clinics have equity in Cannabis Doctors Australia Pty Ltd (CDA), and CDA has ownership interests in Burleigh Heads Cannabis Pty Ltd and other MC and Hemp brands.
7. All costs of accessing, purchasing, using and sundry of MC are my personal responsibility.
8. I agree not to share, sell, lend, trade, transport/ship MC or in any way give my MC to any other person. I realize this is an illegal act. I also agree that my doctor and my pharmacist may work with the police to investigate any alleged misuse or sale of my MC.
9. If signed on behalf of a dependant patient, I acknowledge that I accept full responsibility for MC use on behalf of the patient.”
For any questions or notices, please contact our office at:
Cannabis Doctors Australia Pty Ltd ACN: 623 812 242
Last update: 24.11.18